These Rich and Creamy Cheesecake Brownies are the brownie recipe you didn’t know you needed. Brownie batter mixed with a creamy cream cheese filling to create one unbelievable duo. Who cares if it’s a Wednesday, find an excuse to bake these beauties today.
This recipe starts with a store bought brownie mix, but feel free to use your favorite go-to from scratch brownie recipe as the base instead. That from the box brownie batter gets doctored up with a sweetened cream cheese filling. Swirl the filling into the brownie batter with a knife or toothpick!
Rich & Creamy Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 - 10.25 oz. pkg brownie mix I prefer Ghiradelli mix from Costco
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 T. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 8x8” baking dish, reserving the rest of the batter for use later.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing until well blended. Mix in egg white and vanilla.
- Cover all of the brownie mixture in the baking dish with the cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Then spoon on the remaining half of brownie batter and swirl through with a knife a couple of times for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Let brownies cool for 20 minutes and make your ganache.
- Ganache is made by placing 1 ½ C chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Add the heavy cream and then microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir together the melted chips and cream until the mixture is smooth. Spread on top of cooled brownies.