If you think you hate Brussels Sprouts, think again! Maybe you just haven’t tried them prepared this way with Bacon, Shallots and Garlic! This gives them incredible flavor. My husband was one of those people who thought he hated Brussels Sprouts, but tried them, just to be polite, at a dinner party. After he took his first bite, he couldn’t stop eating them! Now, he always asks me when I’m going to make them again!
Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Shallots & Garlic
- 3 slices thick cut, peppered bacon, diced
- 12 oz. package fresh Brussels Sprouts, trimmed and halved
- ½ medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, cook the diced bacon pieces for about 4-5 minutes. Remove to a paper towel lined tray and set aside.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the bacon fat and return to heat. Place the shallots into the skillet and stir in the bacon fat for a minute or two.
- Add the Brussels Sprouts cut side down. Cook over medium-high heat for 4 minutes, without stirring. This gives them a beautiful, caramelized brown color.
- Add the garlic, and return the cooked bacon pieces to the skillet. Cook another 4 minutes.
- Add the broth, stir and bring to a boil. Cook for 4 - 5 minutes longer, uncovered or until the broth has reduced and the Brussels sprouts are tender crisp.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot.
Now, these are a must at any of our holiday dinners! Try them, I promise, you won’t be disappointed!