Have you ever been on the beach and had a piña colada truck drive by? Best. Day. Ever. They make it fresh from a pineapple, serve it in the pineapple outer shell, and it tastes amazing. I love everything about it. When our friends all went to Mexico together, we decided to have a Pirates and Piña Colada party when we got home to exchange pictures. This party was BYOP, bring your own pineapple. Here is how we made them.
To make it, you will need these supplies:
- Pineapple Corer
- Blender (we use Blendtec)
- Ingredients: 1 can coconut milk or coconut water, fresh pineapple, 1/4 cup Coconut Syrup, 2 cups ice, Maraschino Cherries, straw, toothpick umbrella
Piña Colada in a Pineapple
- 1 can coconut water
- Pineapple Rings from a fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup Coconut Syrup
- 2 cups ice
- Maraschino Cherries
- Cut the top off of the pineapple.
- Use a corer slicer to extract pineapple rings.
- Use a knife to detach the core from the pineapple shell/cup. If making ahead, place in freezer.
- Layer the ingredients in your blender in the order provided in the ingredients section.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into pineapple shell.
- Top with some maraschino cherries and a toothpick umbrella and a straw.
- Close your eyes, imagine you are at the beach and sip away.
Now, don’t these look fun?