Have you ever used products like GOO-gone? I don-t care much for the smell and it always makes my hands feel weird after cleaning. If you have experienced this too, I have a natural homemade sticky gunk remover recipe that you are going to love. I don’t mind it getting it on my hands, and it is nice to know that it is safe for ingestion in case I leave it out (by accident) with my two little rugrats running around.
Yesterday, my mother in law told me that she read that coconut oil will work to remove some types of adhesive. I’ve tried using Orange Essential Oil. The orange really cuts the gunk away but for big surfaces, I didn’t want to waste so much oil. Last night I tried mixing the power of both coconut oil and orange. I love this because the Orange Essential Oil cuts the grime and coconut oil cuts the cost;)
How To Make Homemade Natural Sticky Gunk Remover
- Fill up a repurposed empty essential oil bottle (or buy new) nearly to the top with fractionated coconut oil (yes it must be labeled “fractionated” coconut oil so that it will not solidify in cooler temperatures)
- Added 20 drops of Orange Essential Oil.
- Label it DIY GOO-Gone.
Now, I put it to the ultimate test on my well-loved wax warmer that I used while working in the spa for years. It worked like a dream. Check out this video.
How To Use DIY GOO-Gone
- Add several drops onto the sticky hard surface.
- Let it soak in while you add several drops to a Paper Towel (I like the Bamboo Paper Towels because they are super durable and are washable making them much cheaper than buying regular ones).
- Scrub the stick surface with the dry portion of the paper towel to get off the majority of the gunk.
- Use the oiled portion of the paper towel to get off the remaining residue.
- For really tough messes, use a scraper or your fingernail to get off the rest. It should be easy at this point.
Next time you have a sticky mess. Remember this blogpost.
Are you going to try it?