You just used the last drop of essential oil and now have a highly fragranced brown bottle. Before you throw it in the garbage, think of how you can repurpose it. Will the smell ever come out though? Yes.
Have you wondered how to get the smell out of used essential oil bottles before reading this post? I experimented last night and found a technique that works.
How to Get The Smell Out Of Used Essential Oil Bottles
- Remove the label. I use this natural Homemade Sticky Gunk Remover to get off the sticker residue.
- Remove the plastic spill guard/dropper.
- Add a small amount of water and soap into the bottle. To clean the inside walls I used a tumbler straw cleaning brush like this one. Let me tell you, this thing comes in handy more that I imagined it ever would. After using the straw cleaning brush on all sides and the bottom of the bottle, rinse rinse rinse. Soap it up again if needed.
- Shake out the excess water, and fill it to the top with baking soda.
- Let it sit in there overnight.
- Wash out the baking soda in the morning and repurpose the bottle.
I like to fill up old bottles with Fractionated Coconut Oil to have a convenient carrier oil on the go.
What will you do with your empty bottles? I love hearing ideas!
See more ideas for essential oil uses.