The Best Dryer Sheets DIY with Fabric Softener [Reusable!]
My Inspiration for DIY Dryer Sheets
After pulling out yet one more armful of static-filled laundry, I decided I couldn’t let one more load go into my blasted static maker (a.k.a the dryer).
I had been out of dryer sheets for days and after running to the nearest store, and and calculating cost per load, I remembered something that one of my best friends (her name might be Pinterest by the way😉 ), I remember learning about DIY reusable dryer sheets.
So instead of continuing to flush more money into big corporations pockets with each load, instead I pulled out my iPhone right there in the store and looked up what I needed to get to make my own reusable dyer sheets.
What Do You Need To Make DIY Dryer Sheets?
I ran over to the Dollar Store and was surprised how few things I need to make these Reusable Dryer Sheets on my own!
Everything I needed cost me less than $5 at the Dollar store:
I was so super excited and could feel myself smile inside thinking of all the cash I was going to be saving with this super easy idea.
How To Make Reusable Dryer Sheets With Fabric Softener
- Cut the sponges in half and put them into the Tupperware container.
- In a separate container, mix equal parts fabric softener and water (2 cups each for my size container)
- Then, pour the well mixed liquid over the sponges. If you have excess, put it in a spray bottle and add more water to make DIY Miracle Wrinkle Eraser Spray.
How To Use Your New DIY Dryer Sheets
- Take out one or two halves, squeeze out the excess and throw them in the dryer before your clothes.
- As you transfer the wet laundry from the washer the excess solution will come mostly off of your hands.
I am really excited about this dryer sheet alternative!
I just pulled out my first load and it smells as fresh as the morning. The best part is, I don’t have to scavenge through the laundry pile looking for the used dryer sheet that is stuck somewhere to the inside of one of my shirts.