After pulling out an armful of static laundry, I decided I couldn’t let one more load go into that blasted static maker (a.k.a dryer). I had been out of dryer sheets for days. I immediately ran over to the nearest store which happens to be K-mart. I stood in the isle with two boxes in my hands comparing costs. After crunching numbers and calculating cost per load, I remembered something that one of my best friends (her name is Pinterest by the way) had told me about making your own DIY reusable dryer sheets. I got on my iPhone right there in the store and looked up what I needed to get. K-mart is next to a dollar store and I knew that I could find everything that I needed there instead.
To Make Them
- Cut the sponges in half and put them in the container.
- In a separate container, mix equal parts fabric softener and water (2 cups each for my size container)
- Then, Pour the well mixed liquid over the sponges. If you have excess, put it in a spray bottle and add more water to make DIY Miracle Wrinkle Eraser Spray.
To Use Them
- Take out one or two halves, squeeze out the excess and throw them in the dryer before your clothes.
- As you transfer the wet laundry from the washer the excess solution will come mostly off of your hands.
I am really excited about this dryer sheet alternative!
I just pulled out my first load and it smells as fresh as the morning. The best part is, I don’t have to scavenge through the laundry pile looking for the used dryer sheet that is stuck somewhere to the inside of one of my shirts.
Like this tip?
Please subscribe to see more.