Growing up, one of my fondest memories was helping my grandmother in the kitchen. She had a special talent for turning simple ingredients into culinary masterpieces, and one of my all-time favorites was her recipe for berry crisp. Whenever summer rolled around and berry season was in full swing, she would gather the freshest ingredients and whip up a batch of this delicious dessert. The aroma of sweet, juicy berries and the crackling of the crisp topping as it baked in the oven always filled our home with a warm, comforting feeling.
Years later, I still find myself reaching for my grandmother’s recipe for berry crisp whenever I want to create a simple, yet satisfying dessert. This recipe has been passed down from generation to generation in my family, and I am excited to share it with you today. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting out, this recipe for berry crisp is easy to follow and is sure to produce a delicious and comforting dessert that will become a new family favorite.
The Best Recipe for Berry Crisp
- 4 C fresh or frozen berries blackberries, raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.
- 4 T sugar
- 2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 tsp. water
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 C oatmeal
- ½ C all-purpose flour
- ½ C packed brown sugar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ C cold butter
- Preheat the oven to 375°.
- Place blackberries in a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, place the sugar, cornstarch, water and lemon juice and stir until smooth. Pour this mixture over the blackberries in the baking dish.
- In a large bowl combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon, then cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over the berries.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes until the crisp is golden and the filling is bubbly. Serve warm with ice cream.
If you’re looking for a dessert that is both delicious and comforting, then you should definitely try this recipe for berry crisp. The combination of juicy, sweet berries and a crunchy, buttery topping make this dish a crowd-pleaser that is sure to bring a smile to your face with every bite. One of the great things about this recipe is its versatility. You can use a variety of fresh or frozen berries to make it, meaning that you can enjoy a delicious berry crisp any time of the year.
Frozen berries are a particularly great option for preparing this dessert year-round. They are often picked at the peak of ripeness, which means that they are bursting with flavor. And, because they are frozen soon after they are picked, they retain their flavor and nutritional value, making them a perfect ingredient for this recipe. So, whether you’re looking for a special treat for a summer barbecue or a comforting dessert for a cozy night in, this recipe for berry crisp is the perfect choice. So, what are you waiting for? Get in the kitchen and start baking!