These Rich and Creamy Cheesecake Brownies are the brownie recipe you didn’t know you needed. Brownie batter mixed with a creamy cream cheese filling to create one unbelievable duo. Who cares if it’s a Wednesday, find an excuse to bake these beauties today.
Despite their impressive appearance, these brownies are surprisingly easy to make an require minimal effort.
This recipe starts with a store bought brownie mix, but feel free to use your favorite go-to made from scratch brownie recipe as the base instead. That boxed brownie batter gets doctored up with a sweetened cream cheese filling. Swirl the filling into the brownie batter with a knife or toothpick. Just don’t over-swirl! You can’t mess this up I promise. The end result is a gorgeous marbled look to the brownies.
The rich chocolate brownie batter mixed with the creamy and tangy cheesecake filling is a match made in heaven. Topped with a super simple chocolate ganache takes these babies up another notch. Winner. Get baking!
Rich & Creamy Swirl Cheesecake Brownies
- 1 - 10.25 oz. pkg brownie mix I prefer Ghiradelli mix from Costco
- 4 oz. cream cheese softened
- 3 T granulated sugar
- 1 egg white
- ¼ tsp. vanilla
- 1 ½ C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 T. heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the brownie mix as directed on the package.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased 8x8” baking dish, reserving the rest of the batter for use later.
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar, mixing until well blended. Mix in egg white and vanilla.
- Cover all of the brownie mixture in the baking dish with the cream cheese mixture, spreading evenly.
- Then spoon on the remaining half of brownie batter and swirl through with a knife a couple of times for a marbled effect.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 28-30 minutes or until cream cheese mixture is lightly browned.
- Let brownies cool for 20 minutes and make your ganache.
- Ganache is made by placing 1 ½ C chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. Add the heavy cream and then microwave for 1 minute.
- Stir together the melted chips and cream until the mixture is smooth. Spread on top of cooled brownies.
Rich and creamy swirl cheesecake brownies are a delicious and indulgent dessert that combines two classic treats into one, that will satisfy even the strongest sweet tooth.
These brownies are perfect for special occasions! Birthdays, holidays, neighborhood potluck or any other celebration that calls for a delicious dessert.
An instant crowd-pleaser. Everyone loves brownies, but these swirl cheesecake brownies are out of this world delicious and sure to be a hit with friends and family.
You can customize this recipe to suit your tastes and preferences by adding mix-ins, such as nuts, fruit, chocolate chips, marshmallows, etc! Have fun getting creative.
You can keep these rich and creamy swirl cheesecake brownies on the counter for a couple days, then in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. These are delicious at room temperature, but our favorite is chilled straight out of the fridge! Yum.