Move over, avocado toast! There’s a new sensation taking the culinary world by storm, and it’s none other than cottage cheese. That’s right, we are back at it again today with another cottage cheese bread recipe. This bread is some kind of magic! Yum. This bread is not only tender and delicious but also packed with an extra punch of protein. Imagine sinking your teeth into a slice that could contain a whopping 15+ grams of this muscle-building nutrient, thanks to the cottage cheese and bread flour.
In our quest for a higher protein diet that fuels us throughout the day, we are constantly looking for creative ways to incorporate more of this essential nutrient. Enter cottage cheese bread, a delightful addition that expands our protein options beyond the usual suspects like eggs, protein shakes, and chicken. With this innovative recipe, we’re able to enjoy a delicious & satisfying source of protein that keeps us fuller for longer and provides the energy we need for our day-to-day activities.
The process itself is as simple and straightforward as any homemade bread, with one small twist. The wet ingredients for this heavenly loaf include a blend of water, yeast, smooth cottage cheese, and egg whites. The result? A bread that boasts unparalleled tenderness and moisture, reminiscent of a heavenly brioche, yet with a satisfying firmness and delightful crust.
What’s more, this masterpiece will stay irresistibly soft and moist for days, even when left at room temperature. Just store it in a trusty ziplock bag. It makes the perfect toast to add to your morning breakfast, or even the base to your favorite sandwich for a quick lunch. And let’s not forget, this bread is an absolute game-changer when transformed into delectable French toast.
So, if you’re ready to embark on a culinary adventure that combines the latest trend with unbeatable flavor, look no further than this remarkable cottage cheese bread. Your taste buds will thank you, and your protein intake will be soaring high. Get ready to savor each delectable slice!
5 Ingredient Cottage Cheese Bread
- 1 1/2 teaspoons 5 g active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup 75 g lukewarm water
- 1 cup 250 g egg whites or 7-8 egg whites
- 1 cup 255 g cottage cheese
- 4 2/3 cups 582 g bread flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 tablespoon 10 g kosher salt
- In a generous-sized mixing bowl, combine the active dry yeast with lukewarm water. Let them hydrate as you set the bowl aside.
- In a blender or food processor, blend the egg whites and cottage cheese until smooth.
- Combine the blended mixture with the yeast mixture and whisk until well combined.
- To ensure a smooth and airy texture, whisk the flour in its container to remove any lumps and aerate it. Then, measure the flour and salt and add them to the wet mixture. Use a whisk or a fork to combine everything together. The result will be a shaggy and slightly sticky dough.
- Prepare your work surface by dusting it with a generous amount of flour, then transfer the dough onto it. Knead the dough vigorously for 5 to 6 minutes, or until it develops a smooth texture. Alternatively, you can use a stand mixer to knead the dough until it reaches the desired smoothness.
- To prevent the dough from sticking to your hands, either dust them with more flour or lightly coat them with a small amount of oil. Utilize a bench scraper to lift the sticky dough from the work surface, aiding in the kneading process.
- Once the dough has been kneaded to perfection, shape it into a ball and return it to the mixing bowl. Cover the bowl and allow the dough to proof in a warm spot for approximately 1 hour, or until it nearly doubles in size.
- Prepare your loaf pan by lining it with parchment paper if necessary. It's important to use a 10 x 4-inch (26 x 10 cm) loaf pan for this recipe, as a smaller one won't be sufficient and the dough might spill over the sides. If you don't have a pan with those exact measurements, you can use a larger loaf pan like a 10 x 5-inch pan, or divide the dough in half and make two smaller loaves using smaller pans.
- Alternatively, you can also bake the dough directly on a baking sheet, although the resulting bread won't be as tall as a traditional sandwich loaf.
- Once the dough has finished proofing for an hour, gently deflate it by punching it down. Roll the dough into a log shape and pinch the ends together to seal them.
- Allow the bread to proof in the loaf pan for approximately 20 to 25 minutes, or until you notice a visible rise and a puffed-up appearance.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F
- Place the bread in the oven and bake it for around 40 to 45 minutes. Keep an eye on the top, as it may brown quickly. To prevent burning, cover the top with aluminum foil as soon as it becomes browned and crusty. You'll know the bread is fully baked when it produces a hollow sound when gently tapped on the crust.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing and serving. Store in a ziplock bag to keep fresh.
In conclusion, this 5-ingredient cottage cheese bread recipe is a true winner when it comes to packing a punch of protein and delivering a delightful texture. With its irresistibly soft interior and crusty exterior, this bread offers a delectable combination that will leave your taste buds craving more.
By incorporating cottage cheese into the dough, we’ve unlocked a new level of protein-rich goodness that goes beyond the usual suspects in our diets. This bread is not only a tasty alternative to traditional protein sources but also a versatile addition to any meal. From sandwiches to French toast, the possibilities are endless.
So, why not embrace this recipe and elevate your protein game? Whether you’re seeking a hearty breakfast, a satisfying lunch, or a tasty snack, this cottage cheese bread has got you covered. Enjoy the wholesome benefits of added protein while relishing in the delightful flavors and textures that will surely make this recipe a household favorite.
Get ready to savor every bite of this protein-packed, soft-yet-crusty creation. It’s time to indulge in the goodness of cottage cheese bread and experience the perfect blend of nutrition and taste.