Limies are one of my favorite dessert these days! A friend of ours introduced us to these about a year ago. Since that, I have made an effort to make sure I have fresh limes stocked in my fridge, just in case we have unexpected visitors, or a we throw together a last minute game night. They are easy, refreshing and just the right combination of tart, sweet and creamy. Although I love me a good ol’ rootbeer float, the next time you are considering making them, take a few extra steps and try some Limies instead. You and your family will love them!
- ½ c. Fresh squeezed lime juice (4-7 limes depending on how juicy they are)
- ½ c. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbs. Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Zest of 1 lime (optional)
- 3-4 c.Ice cubes
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Juice the limes by hand or with a juicer.
- Add all the ingredients to the blender except the ice.
- Start out with 3 c. of ice and blend.
- You will have to stop blender and stir down in between blends until you get a nice smooth texture.
- Add a bit more ice if you like them a little thicker.
- Test the flavor.
- Because the flavor of limes vary depending on how ripe they are, or what season we are in some may be more sour, more sweet, etc. This is a base recipe. You may want to add a little more lime or more sweetened condensed milk to. The more you make these, the more you will decide how you like them. Keep in mind, the limie blend should be tart.
- When the limie blend is to your liking, place heaping scoop of ice cream and place in the bottom of a cup.
- Pour limie mix over the ice cream and serve immediately.
Tip: Before juicing limes, apply pressure as you roll them around on the table. This does a little pre-juicing. After doing this they juice much more quickly and easily.