This Pasta(less) salad is the perfect Summer salad. It’s loaded with fresh, colorful veggies and has a zesty dressing that marinates the vegetables to give them great flavor. My mom used to make something like this for Sunday dinner & I couldn’t stop eating it! It’s a great way to make use of your home-grown garden vegetables.
Whether you’re trying to eat gluten-free or just want to reduce your intake of calories or carbs, this salad is the perfect choice. You can create your own by choosing your favorite vegetables and dressing.
Here’s our recipe:
- 1 small package grape tomatoes
- 4 ribs celery, sliced
- ½ of an English cucumber, quartered and sliced
- 1 small can sliced olives, drained
- ½ red bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
- 8 – 10 white button mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ - ½ cup Italian Salad Dressing (I used fat-free!)
- Put all of the sliced vegetables into bowl and toss with the dressing. (Add any other vegetables you love. Or, add some cubed cheese and pepperoni slices to make a main dish salad!)
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours before serving.
The great thing about this Pasta(less) salad, you can make it however you like it! If you love purple onion, add some! And some shredded carrots would add great color! Heirloom tomatoes are a fun addition! If you want to make a main dish salad, add some protein, like cubed cheese or pepperoni slices!