This recipe is Sponsored By Rhodes Bake-N-Serv
Hi everyone! What are your plans for Christmas? I am pretty sure I know what mine is this year. That is, making a new family recipe called Pecan Pie Braided Bread. If you have been following along for a while, you know that our family stuffs this style of braided bread with a variety of fillings from savory to sweet. This pecan pie filling is hard to beat. Don’t you think it would go perfect for Christmas brunch? Check out the recipe below.
P.S. I almost forgot to tell you that this yummy new recipe uses Rhodes frozen dough so it is super easy to make.
Pecan Pie Braided Bread Filling
- 2 T. butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 t. vanilla
- Melt butter, brown sugar, salt and corn syrup in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Boil 1 minute.
- Allow to cool to room temperature.
- Add the beaten egg and cook over medium heat stirring constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and vanilla.
- Allow to cool. (It will thicken more as it cools.)
- Store in refrigerator until ready to make the braid.
Once you are ready to make the bread, simply follow these instructions.
- Thaw 1 loaf Rhodes Bake-N-Serv™ White Bread
- Roll out the dough into a 10 x 12″ rectangle (Use a silicone baking mat or parchment – not only is clean up easier, but it makes it easier to transfer the braid onto the baking sheet)
- Cut 1 inch slits on each side leaving 1/3 of the middle for the filling.
- Spread the filling onto the middle 1/3 of the dough.
- Braid as shown.
- Brush with egg wash (1 egg + 1 T. water)
- Bake at 375° for 18 – 22 minutes or until golden (350° if using a convection oven.) Allow to cool slightly before cutting into slices.
We hope you have a delicious Christmas!