We have had so much fun this week creating original recipes using Taste #5 Umami products to showcase on our blog. Today’s recipe for Fettucine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & pine nuts uses the Taste #5 Umami Bomb Original Tomato. It comes in a tube so it can be used a little at a time. It is similar to tomato paste in consistency, but the flavor is almost indescribable. It has a full, rich flavor that adds that extra special “something” to your recipes. This Taste #5 Umami Bomb Fettucine dish will make you think you are dining in an upscale Italian restaurant! Once you try it, you’ll know what I’m talking about.
Taste #5 Umami seasonings and pastes can be found at Albertson’s stores or online. I promise, you’re gonna love this pasta!
- 8 oz. pkg. Fettucine, cooked and drained
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 - 8 oz. jar julienne sliced, oil packed, sun-dried tomatoes (drained)
- 2 tablespoons Taste #5 Umami Bomb Original Tomato
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, sliced
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted* (reserve some for garnish)
- 2 oz. shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the Fettucine (al dente) according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- *Toast the pine nuts in a large skillet by heating the dry skillet (no oil) to medium-low heat. Pour the raw pine nuts into the skillet in a single layer and shake the pan every 10-15 seconds. When the pine nuts have turned golden, they are done. (Remove them from the heat immediately when they start to turn golden because they can burn quickly.) Pour out onto a paper towel and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet, place the drained sun-dried tomatoes, the Taste #5 Umami Bomb Original Tomato, minced garlic, sugar, ¾ cup of the basil leaves, water, salt and pepper.
- Simmer over very low heat for about 8-10 minutes or until bubbly.
- Toss in the cooked pasta, along with the toasted pine nuts and Parmesan cheese (reserve a little bit for garnish.)
- Toss to combine until the Fettucine is coated with the delicious tomato mixture.
- Serve piping hot on a big pasta platter.Garnish with additional Parmesan Cheese, sliced, fresh basil and pine nuts.
- Serves 4 - 6.
This dish could not be any easier.
Just pour the jar of drained tomatoes into a large skillet and add the Taste #5 Umami Bomb Tomato, minced garlic, sugar, fresh basil, water and salt & pepper to taste. Simmer.
Toss in the cooked Fettucine and toasted pine nuts.
Serve piping hot and garnish with additional fresh basil, pine nuts and Parmesan cheese if desired.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Taste #5 Umami. The opinions and text are all mine.